Marie Incontrera is a composer, conductor, pianist, and bandleader whose multi-genre work spans opera, big band, heavy metal, post-modern orchestra, and chamber music. As a composer, Marie’s work has been hailed as “deftly woven jazz and gospel elements” and “beguiling” (NY Times). Marie is the bandleader of the Eco-Music Big Band, a multi-generational and unique big band that performs the work of its late founder Fred Ho and provides a platform for the next generation of composers.
Composer, bandleader, entrepreneur, & social media marketing expert Marie Incontrera joins us to share social media marketing strategies for composers.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Eco-Music Big Band
- Being brave
- Renting Carnegie Hall
- Capital vs cash
- Standup comedy
- Being a virtual assistant
- Social media consulting
- Posting every day
- Planning your posts
- Varying your content
- Sharing your professional page posts
- Don’t complain online
- The necessity of social media as a composer today
- Negative self-promotion
- Dorie Clark, Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future
- Dorie Clark, Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It
- Dorie Clark, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams and Thrive
This post contains affiliate links.