Composer and orchestrator Thomas Goss, who founded the Orchestration Online communities, discusses his online community and learning orchestration.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Composing life is like being a sous chef
- Music is cooperative & collaborative
- What does it take to do something?
- Teaching is performing
- Orchestration Online
- Peter Alexander
- Moving the art orchestration forward by sharing
- Building community online
- The Orchestration Online Patreon page (Go donate and join the community! Seriously. I’ve done it.)
- Common orchestration mistakes
- 15-second harp (YouTube)
- Becoming an accidental authority
- Getting work due to having an internet presence
- Inspiring others
- Walter Piston, Orchestration
- Samuel Adler, The Study of Orchestration
- Thomas Goss, 100 Orchestration Tips
This post contains affiliate links.