Taylor is an entrepreneur and author of The End of Jobs. Inc Magazine rated The End of Jobs one of the Top Three ‘Start Your Own Business’ Books of 2015. WSJ Bestselling Author and Entrepreneur James Altucher said of it: “Entrepreneurship is not a choice you can make at your leisure. You have to jump on the train or lose your chance. Now is the time and Taylor’s book describes exactly how to do it.” His work has been featured in media outlets including Business Insider, Inc, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
In this episode entrepreneur and author Taylor Pearson discusses the end of jobs and the new age of the entrepreneur.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Cynefin Framework
- Complicated vs complex work
- Need for entrepreneurship
- Rise of over-qualified people
- Need to learn how to market yourself
- Learning the skills as you go
- Decentralization of power
- Kevin Kelly’s 1,000 True Fans
- It takes longer than you think
- Testing assumptions
- Getting an apprenticeship
- Launching a project
- Taylor Pearson, The End of Jobs: Money, Meaning and Freedom Without the 9-to-5
- James C. Scott, Seeing Like a State: How certain schemes to improve the human condition have failed
- Yuval Noah Harari, Sapiens: A brief history of humankind
This post contains affiliate links.