Arthur Breur is a composer & business owner in Portland, Oregon. He has been composing for more than three decades & received his degree in piano performance from Millikin University. He started his web design & development company in 2001 in Tampa, Florida, & has helped hundreds of customers plan, build, & maintain their online presence. Prior to starting his company, his experience included working as a senior graphic designer in the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Visual Communications Department.
Composer, entrepreneur, and web designer Arthur Breur discusses website must-haves and having an online presence.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Being in the moment
- Announcing yourself as a composer to the Chamber of Commerce
- Deciding to be a composer
- You are what you do
- Valuing what you do
- Receiving money for the value you bring to the world
- Communicating to your audience
- Website must-haves
- Online presence
- Websites ARE your marketing plan
- Audio/visual servers
- CMS (content management system) and WordPress
- Shopping carts
- Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Daniel Coyle, The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How.
This post contains affiliate links.