With playing that is “fierce and lyrical” and works that are “other-worldly” (The Strad) and “evocative” (NY Times), Jessica Meyer is a versatile composer and violist whose passionate musicianship radiates accessibility, generosity, and emotional clarity. Upcoming commissions include works for cellist Amanda Gookin of the Public String Quartet, the Nautilus Brass Quintet, pianist Molly Morkoski, and soprano Melissa Wimbish for her Carnegie Hall debut.
In this episode composer Jessica Meyer shares how she’s built a vibrant composing career in just a few short years and how you can too!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Presenting yourself on a website
- Entrepreneurial skill sets
- Referring people
- Talking about yourself in a succinct way
- The Twitter pitch
- Sending good emails
- Building a career quickly
- You get what you put in
- Making it happen
- Being able to ask for help
- Seth Jarvis, 13 Things Crucial For Your Success
- Life balance