Shannon Curtis is an independent songwriter, performer, and author, based in LA. Curtis’s groundbreaking use of house concert touring takes her on extensive nationwide tours, and she’s become a popular speaker at music conferences. Curtis’s how-to book on house concerts debuted at #1 on Amazon’s Music Business Best Sellers list, and has been featured in national publications like Huffington Post and American Songwriter Magazine.
Singer and songwriter Shannon Curtis has made a living performing her music touring house concerts across the nation and she teaches us how in this interview!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender
- Connecting with your audience
- 1,000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
- House concert model
- Supporting yourself financially
- Financing the first tour
- Building an audience as community
- Bringing value to the community