This is a rebroadcast of Ep 63-Shannon Curtis on House Concerts & Community Building. I was originally going to record another Must Read episode on Shannon’s book No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender, but thought it was easiest to rebroadcast the interview I did with her regarding her book. Ep 63 was originally released March 24, 2016.
Shannon Curtis is an independent songwriter, performer, and author, based in LA. Curtis’s groundbreaking use of house concert touring takes her on extensive nationwide tours, and she’s become a popular speaker at music conferences. Curtis’s how-to book on house concerts debuted at #1 on Amazon’s Music Business Best Sellers list, and has been featured in national publications like Huffington Post and American Songwriter Magazine.
Singer and songwriter Shannon Curtis has made a living performing her music touring house concerts across the nation and she teaches us how in this interview!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender
- Connecting with your audience
- 1,000 True Fans by Kevin Kelly
- House concert model
- Supporting yourself financially
- Financing the first tour
- Building an audience as community
- Bringing value to the community
- Shannon Curtis, No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K on a 2-Month House Concert Tour (And How You Can Too)
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
This post contains affiliate links.