In this episode vocalist and composer Lisa Neher discusses the power of creating your own projects to take control of your career, especially after leaving school.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Transitioning to post-school life
- Questioning the traditional path
- Having a broad path
- Worrying about what you can control
- The One-Voice Project
- Composing for unaccompanied voice
- Building/designing your project
- Knowing your audience & niche
- Taking action
- Providing value
- Using the space
- Scott McCloud, Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art
- Sharon Mabry, Exploring Twentieth Century Vocal Music: A Practical Guide to Innovations in Performance and Repertoire
This post contains affiliate links.