Speaker, technologist, and author Kevin Kelly discusses his book The Inevitable and what the future of music creation might look and the ramifications of emergent and maturing technology.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Copying is inevitable
- Providing experiences
- VR (virtual reality)
- Everything heads towards the free
- AI (artificial intelligence) generated music
- Partnering with computers for music creation
- Being hard to copy
- Sell the added value, not the copy
- Functional music
- 1,000 True Fans
- Copyright, Lawrence Lessig, and Creative Commons
- Moral copyright
- Subscription-based consumption
This post contains affiliate links.