This is a special episode where the script has been flipped and I am put on the hot seat. This episode is a re-broadcast of Ep 10 of the Clarineat Podcast hosted by Sean Perrin. Sean Perrin was featured in Ep 70 of this podcast.
Garrett Hope takes a turn on the hot seat to discuss the podcast, why we need to learn business skills, and composer collaborations.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Composer on Fire
- Thinking businessly
- Your music has value
- What you do has value
- Creating opportunities for yourself
- Taking action & facing fear
- Being an entrepreneur is hard work
- Valery Young (Ep 15) on the impostor syndrome
- What you focus on grows
- Aprille Janes (Ep 25) on writing better bios
- Sean Perrin (Ep 70) on adding value
- Having a collaborative relationship with a composer
- Lori Freedman’s interview on the Clarineat podcast
- How to speak with composers
- Why we need to know business skills
- Selling ourselves
This post contains affiliate links.