Edgar Barroso received his PhD in Music Composition from Harvard University. He is a member of the National System of Art Creators in Mexico and his music has been performed awarded regularly worldwide. Edgar is also an entrepreneur and a social activist. He is a strong advocate for transdisciplinary collaboration and the role of the arts in the betterment of society. Currently he lives between Mexico and Switzerland where he compose most his music and enjoys the company of his wife Ulla.
In this episode Edgar Barroso discusses core entrepreneurship skills, how to create value as a composer, and more!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Teaching entrepreneurship & technology
- Core entrepreneurship skills
- Consistency and persistence
- Applying creativity into business
- Creating value
- Social activism
- Teaching children
- New technologies
- Giving back
- Putting a CD together
- Getting recordings & performances of music
- Jobs in higher ed
- Living in Mexico & dealing with violence
- Integrating activism with music
- Luigi Nono—thinking in music
Links to Mexican New Music Festivals
This post contains affiliate links.