Currently the Resident Composer for the American Studio Orchestra, Jacob Yoffee is a Los Angeles-based composer writing primarily for Film, Television and Trailer Music projects.
Composer Jacob Yoffee discusses how thinking like a music producer will give you a leg up when scoring trailers, films, and TV.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Trailer music
- Writing on spec
- Demo fees
- Making the music sound real
- Cutting through the competition
- Writing to emotion & feel
- Orchestration & music production
- Don’t sound thin
- Writing for the samples
- Invest in the tools
- Being a music major at Peabody
- Difference between academia & media
- John Corigliano
- Behave as a business
- Think like a music producer
- Develop a team & network of musicians
- Invest in yourself & your workplace
This post contains affiliate links.