Jeff Rona is a composer for films, tv, and video games from Los Angeles.
Media composer, entrepreneur, and business owner Jeff Rona discusses scoring for movies, TV, and video games and why we need to think as business owners. This is part one of two.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Jeff’s portfolio
- Wide Blue Sound
- Staying in touch
- Building & maintaining relationships
- Speaking the same language as the directors and producers
- Two kinds of directors
- Three reasons to say yes to a film (or any project)
- Quality of the project
- How long are you willing to try?
- Netflix and video games
- The Reel World
- Jeff’s take on business compared to The Portfolio Composer philosophy
- Standing for something
- Differentiating yourself
- Composers are character actors
- You don’t get to choose certain things in your career
This post contains affiliate links.