John David Mann is an award-winning author whose books have sold more than 2 million copies, including the New York Times bestseller “The Red Circle” and the national bestseller “The Go-Giver.” He performed his first composition, a musical score for Aeschylus’s “Prometheus Bound,” in Greece when he was 13; won the BMI Awards for Student Composers at 15; started his own high school at 17; and concertized on the cello before turning to business and authorship.
Author and composer John David Mann discusses what adding value means, how composers and do so, and his Go-Giver series of books.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The 5 Laws of Stratospheric Success
- Adding value
- Randall Thompson is the 3rd law
- Music is about life
- Saying a lot about a lot
- The Study of Counterpoint
- Portfolio Penguin
- Find someone who can give you criticism
- Be the best writer
- Be easy to work with
- Have faith like a rock & humility like water
- Expand what you know
- Bob Burg and John David Mann, The Go-Giver
- Bob Burg and John David Mann, Go-Givers Sell More
- Bob Burg and John David Mann, The Go-Giver Leader
- Seth Godin, The Dip
- Stephen King, On Writing
This post contains affiliate links.